Our fast-growing premier design, build and remodeling company seeks a full-time Pre-Construction Project Coordinator to join our friendly, energetic & hard-working team. The cornerstone of our company’s success is our commitment to the principles of honesty, integrity, and respect for our customers, business partners, and employees.
The ideal candidate would share these same values and have Design and/or Project Management experience in the construction industry with a positive attitude. This position reports to the Sales Manager and works closely with our Project Developers, design team, vendors, clients, and all team members as needed. This individual is key to making a welcoming, positive, and professional first impression for Better Builders. This person will be a personable, versatile and customer service-focused professional. We are looking for someone who is the right fit for our team.
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? We want to know about you! Better Builders team members enjoy benefits such as options for semi-remote work, competitive salary, 401k matching, paid vacation and holidays, health benefits and more!
Job duties include:
- Attend and take notes at weekly design and sales meeting
- Update and maintain Pre-Construction tracking sheet in Microsoft Teams.
- Review Builder Trend (BT) Design schedule for accuracy and update accordingly.
- Send updates to design team as a reminder of commitments to Better Builders (BB and Project Developers (PD’s).
- Write and send client email updates on Pre-Construction progress. Help refine templates for these emails when appropriate.
- Researching and sourcing design materials for Plug and Play Pricing projects only.
- Assisting clients with or communicating with the design team to reselect products when needed after the project is in Production.
- Create Job binder/file in BT and reconcile scope of work, specifications, and drawings.
- Coordinate and maintain before and after electronic project photos.
- Participation in job autopsy process providing insight and suggestions for improvement.
- Work with Marketing Manager on trade show and event coordination and/or participation.
- Assist in maintaining and developing the design and pricing portion of the SOP’s, keep updated as needed.
- Attend and participate in internal handoff of projects from Development to Production.
- Coordinate with Estimator to schedule Sub Parties based on schedule in BT.
- Send out email reminders to subs and homeowners about the sub-party on Mondays.
- Work with estimating to develop SOP and templates for writing Scope of Work.
- After a new Design and Pricing (D&P project signs and the job has been created in BT, use the templated Schedule to establish a workflow timeline.
- Keep all project documents updated with most recent versions and uploaded into the appropriate file in BT.
- Review projects before pricing to ensure that all information the estimator will need has been provided and is complete.
- Save all “old” versions in an Archive folder still in BT.
- Review agreements and scopes of work for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Follow up with potential clients after New Project Zoom Calls as requested by Developers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Superb time management and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent attendance, punctuality, and professionalism
- Experience with project management and or project coordination
- Knowledge of the construction and or design industry
- Knowledge and comfort using Microsoft Office programs
- Comfortable learning new Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave
- Medical insurance- including dental & vision
- Additional discounted life/disability/accident insurance available
- Bonus incentive program
Prospective candidates must be willing to undergo reference, background, and credit checks. We are a non-smoking company and do not allow smoking in or near our office and job sites. Better Builders is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.