Recreational Game Room Additions in Seattle, WA
Are you searching for a way to transform your home into the ultimate hangout spot for family and friends? With a recreational game room addition, you'll have a space dedicated to fun and games, and you'll never have to worry about cluttering up your main living area again.
Whether you're a board game fanatic, a skilled pool player, or love hosting game nights with friends, we'll collaborate with you to create a perfect space tailored to your unique interests.
Benefits of having a dedicated game room:
- The main living area stays clutter-free
- Separate areas for kids and adults to hang out
- Design a custom space to meet your needs & interests
Download the eBook
Space Planning 101: How to Renovate Your Home Layout to Improve Functionality
Recreational Game Room Design Ideas
A game room is ideal if you have kids or love to entertain a lively crowd. How will you use your game room to the fullest? Here are some popular ideas:
- Set up arcade and pinball machines
- Create a space dedicated to foosball, air hockey, or ping pong
- Design the ultimate video game hangout
- Have family board game nights
- Host sporting events and movie nights on a large projector screen
- Have friends over for billiards or poker tournaments, complete with appetizers and drinks
- Make a party room where your kids and their friends want to hang out
Frequently Asked Questions About Game Room Design
Before you begin your project, make sure you know the answers to these questions:
Q: Where in my house is the best location for a game room?
Popular options include finishing the basement, converting the attic, or enclosing the loft. If you don’t have any extra square footage available, consider creating a purpose-built home addition or building a detached shed or garage to serve as your rec room.
Q: What should a game room have in it?
The room may require extra outlets, internet wiring, a built-in sound system, plenty of seating, built-in shelving or closets for storage, and specialty lighting.
Consider that you’ll need to install plumbing if you want to include a wet bar or an additional restroom. And it never hurts to have motorized blackout curtains and soundproof walls.
Schedule a Renovation Exploration Call
Request a free virtual consultation and discover how you can turn your home renovation dreams into reality.